This thing reminded me why I do my line-art by hand most days. Two days to draw what would take me maybe an hour with a pencil, WTF??
So I'd been meaning to do this for a while and, uh, was kinda bored without any comics to draw (I keep whining about how much time those things take but I get seriously twitchy when I don't have on to work on). It was actually really interesting, because there were
a few of Sy's expressions I realized I wasn't entirely sure how to draw (because he almost never makes them!). On the other hand, there were expressions that were no brainers (like fear).
So, I included some notes both on Asylum's expressions and his facial structure itself, since I'd wanted to mention them for a while but never found the chance. Here's some more, connected to his expressions here in one way or another (ain't random trivia great?):
- Sy is an annoyingly serious drunk. It's a bit as if the alcohol makes him saner
instead of loopier. Also, he's a heavyweight; the acid in his blood plus his big size means he processes the stuff real quick. He can and will drink most people under the table.
- To mention again; both of his ears are pierced (check my The Cure pages carefully, you'll see a small dot on his ears). He almost never wears earrings though.
- Sy only snarls when he's scared, but not when he's angry. If he's mad, he'll give you a "Kubrick Glare". If he's pissed beyond belief
... He'll give you one plus some more nose and forehead wrinkles. He almost never gets angry though, so you really won't see it (if you're lucky. A dude who drips acid from his hands and occasionally face is not someone you want to tick off)
-All that said, he gets irritated or upset easily enough and has very distinct expressions for those.
- Sy, when in a flirtatious mood, tends to smirk and, if a solid surface is available, cross his arms over it and rest his chin on them. Which tends to make him look more suggestive *cough*creepy*cough* than he intends.
- He has a rather full lower lip (which is weird, since his upper lip is very thin) which makes him able to pout and give puppy eyes like nobody's business. The fact that he's not trying to be manipulative but honestly feels sad when he does it just makes it worse for the recipient (unless you're Nev)
- Very few things will make Asylum sick. But the things that do, make him SICK
. Poor guy.
Ahh... That's it. Yeah.
Expression sheet from ~napalmnacey
Asylum (and his expressions) are all mine